Learn more about the history and philosophy of Cazatur
Cazatur is an outfitting company dedicated to organize taylor made hunting trips in Spain and Europe. We are proud to show and share our culture, cuisine and traditions with our clients, and at the same time make them feel at home, part of our family. Cazatur is the pioneer outfitting company in Spain and it is still working with the same passion and willing than at its beginnings in 1977. Putting all the efforts into ethical and quality hunting through conservation and taking care of every small detail. In addition to hunting, any non-hunter is welcome to come along, as they will be escorted during the whole trip, and be able to enjoy our exclusive HUNTOUR® programs, visit the most interesting monuments around the areas, enjoy the Spanish cuisine, local wines, shop and at the end get to enjoy our culture and lifestyle at its best.
At Cazatur we organize the best hunting trips in Spain thanks to our years of experience and the great professionalism of our team. In addition, we exhibit at all the major hunting conventions that take place in the U.S.A. to acquire new knowledge and improve the services we offer to our clients.
The owner and CEO, Eduardo F. de Araoz, understands hunting as a necessary activity for the conservation of species and nature. He has received numerous awards, including the most recent one, which was received during the last SCI Convention in Las Vegas, the prestigious C.J. McElroy. He has achieved great achievements as a hunter and is also a member of SCI (Safari Club International), which is a world association that watches over defending and spreading the principles of hunting.
Let’s get to know a little more about Cazatur!
What is hunting?
Cazatur means hunting and tourism. It was founded in 1977 and is the main organization of hunting trips in Spain. We offer the highest quality in the hunts we organize to both American and European hunters. We satisfy all those who are interested in living an exciting hunting experience. We have been organizing hunting adventures around the world for more than 45 years, so our great experience is a guarantee. You will live unique experiences that will go far beyond a simple hunting trip. Thanks to Cazatur you will get to know the culture, the delicious food, the excellent wines and the great history of Spain.
Owner and CEO
Eduardo F. de Araoz was born in Madrid in 1959. He was president of the International Safari Club from 1988 to 2011. He was a founding member of a hunting consultancy in Madrid, called Mundicaza, which organizes hunts all over the world. In 1995, he bought all the shares of the company Cazatur from his partners and is currently managing it.
Eduardo F. de Araoz has received numerous awards and recognitions, but without a doubt the most important was the McElroy award that recently received during the SCI 50th anniversary Convention in Las Vegas. It was founded in 1995 in honor of the late founder and president emeritus of the International Safari Club. It is an unpopular prize among Spanish hunters, but it is the greatest recognition that exists among international hunting professionals. It is given to a member of the SCI to recognize their important contribution to the hunting activity, having demonstrated their dedication to the conservation of wildlife and respecting the values of the International Safari Club. Potential candidates must display exemplary ethics in the hunting business and be committed to SCI’s programs and mission statement.
Hunting conventions in which Cazatur has participated
Every year, Cazatur attends the most important hunting conventions that are held anywhere in the world. The goal of holding these conventions is to raise funds to help preserve hunting, hunter interests, and wildlife. They hold exhibitions, auctions and raffles of items related to hunting. In addition, different prizes are also awarded to those who stand out for something in the hunting sector. Cazatur does not miss any of them, thus acquiring a large amount of up-to-date knowledge about the world of hunting.
The hunting conventions that Cazatur has recently attended or will attend soon are:
- Dallas Safari Club (DSC) Convention: This convention was held January 6-9, 2022, in the city of Dallas at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center. It was organized by DSC and is one of the most important in the world. DSC is based on the idea that hunting helps conserve wildlife. Its objective is to raise funds for the defense of hunting and hunters, to combat poaching in the different hunting areas, to educate young hunters, and to promote hunting activities, among other things.
- The Sheep Show (WSF): Took place from January 13 to 15, in Reno. The Wild Sheep Foundation (WSF) is hosting and held at the Reno-Sparks Convention Center and Peppermill Resort Spa & Casino. WSF’s goal is to advance the conservation and management of wild sheep in North America and Central Asia through various programs. The Sheep Show is the largest outdoor and mountain hunting exhibition. Through wild sheep transplants, research, water development, predator management, educational outreach, and many other WSF initiatives, the number of Rocky Mountain, California, and desert sheep has tripled in North America.
- Safari Club International Convention (SCI): Held at the Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas from January 19-22. Its organizer is SCI, which aims to promote the protection of hunting freedom and the promotion of wildlife conservation throughout the world. They promote the image of the hunter who practices ethical hunting. Eduardo F. de Araoz receives the prestigious C.J. McElRoy Award.
- Grand Slam Club Ovis Convention (GSCO): Held in Las Vegas, Nevada, its purpose is to raise funds to benefit, directly or indirectly, the wild ibex, sheep, and other big game animals of North America. Between January 27 and 29, this incredible event took place. The host hotel was the Westgate Resort and Casino Las Vegas. Grand Slam Club Ovis (GSCO) is the organizer of this convention, it is made up of hunters and conservationists.
- Houston safari club foundation Convention (HSCF): Will take place this year on February 4, 5 and 6 at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston (United States). The organizer will be the Houston safari club foundation (HSCF), which is a non-profit organization. Its mission is to allocate the funds raised at this convention to the preservation of the sport of hunting and wildlife through scholarships, youth education, conservation, habitat management and much more.
What does it mean for Cazatur to attend these conventions?
For Cazatur, it is very important to attend the most important world hunting conventions for two main reasons:
- It contributes to raising funds that are used to help in the work of preserving hunting activity around the world, instilling in the youngest the sense of conservationist hunting and protecting nature.
- Acquire new knowledge about the hunting world. It is a way to get up-to-date information about hunting. All this serves to improve the quality of the services offered to its customers.
Cazatur is a pioneer company in the organization of hunting trips in Spain. Our goal is that any of our clients enjoy unique experiences, since in addition to hunting, we have our HUNTOUR® programs, in which the hunter and companion, can learn about the gastronomy, culture and history of Spain. Currently, it is directed by Eduardo F. de Araoz, who has received numerous awards and recognitions, but without a doubt the most important was the McElroy award that was awarded to him in October 2020.
We attend all the major hunting conventions around the world to gain new knowledge and improve the services we offer our customers. We want to contribute to raising funds to preserve the activity of hunting and wildlife.
Cazatur principles are ethical and consehunting through conservation